The respondents were less stressed in the individual and non work level but they were stressed on the group and organizational level. The respondents were less satisfied with their job and the top 3 coping mechanisms are networking, praying and singing or listening music. The factors that contributed to their job satisfaction are the work itself, the friendly co workers and the work group.
Based on the findings of the study, the researcher concludes that the instructors were less stressed but less satisfied with the job.
The Proposed Action Plan should be implemented. The Administrators should provide an open door policy consultation hour for instructors and an area of private consultation, the administrators should also provide an area for networking within the Department and an area for praying.
Objectives and Scope:
The study determined the organizational stress in terms of individual, group, organization, and non work level; the job satisfaction; the coping techniques and the factors that contributed to the job satisfaction of the Instructors in a City College of Nursing Department, Province of Cebu. This study utilized the quantitative-qualitative descriptive design.
1. Bateman, , Scotsnell, . Management Learning and Collaborating in a Competitive World. 7th Edition. Philippines: McGrawHill, 2007.
2. Berman, , Snyder, , Kozier, , Erb, . Kozier and Erb's Fundamentals of Nursing. 8th Edition, Vol.2 Singapore: Pearson Education South Asia Ltd, 2008.
3. Cascio, . Managing Human Resources. 7th Edition. USA: McGraw-Hill, 2006.
4. Daft, . Management. 8th Edition. Singapore: Thompson Southwestern Inc,
5. Dess, , Lumpkin, . Strategic Management Creating Competitve Advantages. International Edition. USA : McGraw-Hill, 2003.
6. Gibson, , Ivanevich, , Donnely, , Konopaski, . Organization: Behavior, Strucute, Process. 11th Edition. USA: McGraw-Hill, 2003.
7. Gibson, , Ivanevich, , Donnely, , Konopaski, . Organizational: Behavior, Structure, Process. 12th Edition. Philippines: McGraw-Hill, 2006.
8. Jones, , George, . Contemporary Management. 3rd Edition. USA: McGraw-Hill, 2003.
9. Kozier, , Erb, , Blais, , Wilkinson, . Fundamentals of Nursing. 5th Edition. Singapore: Addison Westley Longman, 2002.
10. Kreither, , Kinicki, . Organizational Behavior. 6th Edition. USA: McGraw-Hill, 2006.
11. Luthans, Fred . Organizational Behavior. 10th Edition. Boston, USA: Thomas Wadsworth, 2005.
12. Mc Shane, Von Glinow . Organizational Behavior. 2nd Edition. USA: McGraw-Hill, 2003.
13. Munchinsky, . Understanding Psychology. 8th Edition. USA: Thomson Wadsworth, 2006.
14. Noe, , Hollenbeck, , Gerhart, , Wright, . Human Resource Management. 5th Edition. USA: McGraw-Hill, 2006.
15. Tompkin, Jonathan . Organization Theory and Public Management. USA: Mosby, Inc, 2005.
16. Alvarado, M . "Leadership Styles of Public Elementary School Managers in Relation to the Job Satisfaction". Southwestern University. Cebu City. 2002.
17. Guarino, E . "Relationship of Motivation, Barriers, Demographic Variables and Job Satisfaction to the Academic Profile Tertiary Hospitals of Davao of Nursing Service Administrators of the Provinces. Southwestern University. Cebu City. 2001.
18. Martinez, A . "Tardiness and Absenteeism of Clinical Instructor: Proposed Intervention Plan. Southwestern University. Cebu City. 2008.
19. Mutia, M.B . "Continuing Education and Job Satisfaction Among Company Nurses". Southwestern University. Cebu City. 2009.
20. Olila, R . "Stress Response and Coping Techniques of Faculty Members". Southwestern University.Cebu City. 2009.
21. Scott, Elizabeth . (). www.stress.about.com, January 17, 2009.
22. Saylor, Carole . (2003, November 30). www.asktheinternettherapist.com.
23. Roberts, Sam . (). www.nytimes.com, April 22, 2009.